Friday, July 31, 2009

Summertime


( These pics were taken at a day trip to the river.)

So I haven't updated my blog- now the garden is full and overgrown, all the plants in the yard are full and past bloom, and we have had our busiest summer ever. Jeremy keeps asking me when I will update my blog and I have to admit that it's pretty overwhelming since I have a couple hundred pics I've taken since my last update. I promise that I'll get to it soon.

Since I last wrote Jeremy had a business trip and I took the kids and went camping with a friend while he was gone. When he got back we went to Seattle for a few days and took the kids to a Mariners/Padres game and explored more of the city and took a ferry (with our car) to an island and saw giant starfish and a dolphin. We had a fun filled 4th of July with the usual parades, including the one on our street, and stayed up too late setting off too many fireworks that should be banned. The girls had swim lessons from my friend and now Clara can not only swim but dive off the diving board. Then we went to my sister, Annie's house in Idaho for a reunion with my family for a few days, and then spent a week in Utah with Jeremy's family. We've had a lot of fun and now we are tired. But it's a good tired, and I'll get around to posting a.s.a.p. (Oh, and I am potty training Zack- no more diapers as of Monday- and we are about 3/4 of the way there.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

summer sounds like it has been very busy for you.
Go Zack! Keep up the great Potty Work!!

Dane said...

Yeah for the Nickels and a fun filled summer!!! Can't wait to see the pictures. Good job with the potty training.

Anonymous said...

Is that all? Just kidding...you've been crazy good busy! We had so much fun with you guys!