Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trains, Eggs, and Automobiles

Today was a fantastic day. I drove out to a small town nearby to pick up some chicken hatching eggs for us to incubate. Clara is also using this as her science fair project. With Aunt Annie’s expert advice, we should have some baby chicks for Clara to sell in about 21 days. Clara is marking the progress on a chart and in a journal for her project. She is VERY excited!

As for trains, while I was driving to pick up the eggs, we passed a place that often has a train engine parked nearby. Today the engine was running, but not moving. Zack and I stopped to watch it and the conductor came over and asked us if we wanted to ride in the engine! We were sooooo excited. They let Zack sit on the engineer’s lap and drive the train forward about 100ft. Then they switched tracks and we backed up and hooked on a car. It was AWESOME! Here is the train. I will try to post the video of Zack driving the train and honking the horn. It was a great day!

DSC00772 DSC00805 DSC00811

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It doesn't get much cooler than that! So jealous! Those guys are so nice!

Ginny said...

No way! If you didn't have video to prove it I wouldn't believe you!

Stacy said...

Clara is such a cutie! I can't believe you got to ride in a train. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Lindsey said...

Zack looks like he is having such a great time! How fun for him! I'm jealous you guys will have baby chickens. make sure to put pics up when they hatch!