Monday, April 12, 2010

Lately

DSC01244 

Lately I have been busy doing some fun projects. It’s not quite time to plant the garden yet, so I have been busy doing other stuff outside. We are keeping 3 chicks as laying hens. It is against some rules but all of our neighbors are very excited and encouraging about it. (Like I need encouragement.) They like to say, “When we have fresh eggs.” Hmmm. Here is the completed chicken coop, I mean playhouse. I’ll make a small run off of it soon with dog-eared fence so that no one will see the birds. I salvaged some flooring and put it in for easier cleaning.

This weekend I painted a commissioned painting for a friend. You can see in the picture a smaller painting that this one is based on. She found that image on the internet.

Clara and I built a fort out of sticks recently. Jeremy calls it a hobbit house. The kids are having fun in it. It’s in the garden area and I’ll plant scarlet runner beans up it soon. We were inspired by an artist named Patrick Dougherty. You should google his stick sculptures and forts. They are amazing!

DSC01232 DSC01240 DSC01246 DSC01247

4 comments:

Jess said...

Awesome updates! You are always doing such cool things :) I remember the stick tee-pee from summers past... Thanks for all the pics!

Anonymous said...

Love what you've done! Looks like fun all around!

Anonymous said...

Wow You have been busy. I'm not that brave to go outside in the cold yet. I just sit around inside with the fire going.

Lindsey said...

Fun projects! I love sneaking animals. We illegally had luna in our apartment for 3 years!