Friday, October 29, 2010

Falloween

 

This is a pic Jeremy took of our tree out front. It is called “October Glory” Maple. It’s not that big but I think that it’s name suits it.

DSC03123

DSC03125

Life is never dull with Clara. I asked her to make pizzas recently with some dough that I made. I came back and they were little masterpieces!

DSC03131

Clara caught the bouquet at a friend’s wedding recently.

DSC03133

Zack is the “Lone Ranger.” It’s hard to get a pic of him without him shooting me. This is not his Halloween costume. This is everyday wear for Zack.

DSC03151

DSC03153

Clara is Sacagawea for Halloween. We make her costume out of a man’s suede jacket that we found at the thrift store. Most all of the details were her idea and she made most of it- including headbands for both her and her doll.

DSC03267

DSC03269

I just found out that I can carve pumpkins 3D. I saw a competition on Food Network about it, and it inspired me. I mostly did it with my potato peeler. It didn’t take as long as you would think. My neighbor grows big pumpkins for fun. These were each around 80lbs and their walls were 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inches thick. Next year I am going to buy better tools.

DSC03270

DSC03272

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clara's costume looks professionally made and very expensive!!!Way to go! Those pumpkins are way too scary for me! Love it!

Lindsey said...

those are sweet pumpkins!!!

Ginny said...

Cool pumpkins! Clara looks amazing. How fun. And that tree. Wow! Thanks for sharing!