Sunday, September 12, 2010

The County Fair

So our county fair is late, we have it in September. Clara, Hayley, and Laurel entered some things. I forgot my camera to take pictures while at the fair, but had it when we went to pick things up.

DSC02784 

Clara won a big ribbon for her peacock made from plant material. (zucchini body)

DSC02785 

This was a boy in our ward who bought one of our chicks and then showed it in the fair.

DSC02787 

Clara won two grand champion ribbons for her eggs! Thanks Aunt Annie for the original eggs we hatched and Grandma and Grandpa Z. for the incubator. (There were lots of eggs in the show but they had already been taken home.)

DSC02788

This was my table display. I thought that it was hilarious that this was a class, so I did a 1st anniversary place setting and did it all out of paper. Get it? The vase is toilet paper. I got a special award. We also entered a poem of Hayley's and Clara had two clay sculptures and all of those got blues.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! I wish I could be that creative. I love that table setting.
Your girls did an amazing job too.
Love it!

Stacy said...

You guys are so crafty! I need some lessons from you guys!

Anonymous said...

We're so proud!