It was a really fun time and I realized just how big of a fan I was.... I was star struck! When she walked into the auditorium I was like the kids at Disneyland when they see Mickey Mouse or the Princesses. It was hard to see her since she is so small but she was like, "now you know how I feel all the time and can't see over all you tall people!" She was just like she is on the show, she is not a hugely eloquent speaker, but her personality is captivating. She talked a lot about her life growing up and about her dream of being a mom, and motherhood. Here's a clip I took when someone asked her a question about body image.Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Little Town, Big Fun
Last night Amy Roloff from "Little People, Big World" was in town to give a talk at WSU. A friend and I went and we sat in the 8th row and I got to ask her a question when the talk was over. I asked her how a little person such as herself could have twins. She said that she had to be on bed rest for most of the time, and that lots of people questioned if she could do it and she always questioned, "well, why not?"
It was a really fun time and I realized just how big of a fan I was.... I was star struck! When she walked into the auditorium I was like the kids at Disneyland when they see Mickey Mouse or the Princesses. It was hard to see her since she is so small but she was like, "now you know how I feel all the time and can't see over all you tall people!" She was just like she is on the show, she is not a hugely eloquent speaker, but her personality is captivating. She talked a lot about her life growing up and about her dream of being a mom, and motherhood. Here's a clip I took when someone asked her a question about body image.
It was a really fun time and I realized just how big of a fan I was.... I was star struck! When she walked into the auditorium I was like the kids at Disneyland when they see Mickey Mouse or the Princesses. It was hard to see her since she is so small but she was like, "now you know how I feel all the time and can't see over all you tall people!" She was just like she is on the show, she is not a hugely eloquent speaker, but her personality is captivating. She talked a lot about her life growing up and about her dream of being a mom, and motherhood. Here's a clip I took when someone asked her a question about body image.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is pretty neat! I love that show. She seems like a really neat mom.
I was going to go to this, but ended up at the Motherhood class. It sounds like it was worth going to, dang it!
I was going to ask, were there cameras there?
I LOVE the show! That is incredibly cool!
Ah man! That is awesome! I love that show. She's a cool woman!
That is so cool! Did you get a picture with her when you asked her the question afterwards?
Awesome...one of the few shows I like to watch! Kevin watches to get ideas on building cool stuff. Now he wants a pumpkin farm. I'm jealous! So what did you ask her?
Post a Comment